12 May 2006

Hungry. Bound. Hungry.

Today is the first day of another "final week" for me. I'm turning 23 on May 19th--that's 15 years shy of middle age. And 27, of cynicism.

Originally I planned a two-week celebration, with the finale of me doing the unthinkable and getting a new job. Unfortunately, the cosmos has been telling me of other things and sends perhaps the most annoying blockages on my path to, um, paradigm shifts. So I decided to cut it to just a week; and it starts today, my final week as a 22-year-old.

The plan is simple and casual: I'd celebrate each day with a specific group. Here's a rundown:
May 12. Anything with my pseudo-bestfriend.
May 13. Girls' night out.
May 14. My Playstation2.
May 15. The salon.
May 16. Boys' night out.
May 17. The manong's, kuya's, sir's, and ma'am's in the office.
May 18. Movie
May 19a. Early morning booze with people I like hanging out with
May 19b. Finale: Mega food trip!
May 20. Encore: Dinner at my place, SELECTED guests.

How racist, you say? How... choosy? Well, it's the price I pay for being a star. And no matter how much I want to become everyone's best pal, I'm just no phonepal-next-door material. Life's too short to try befriending everyone, let alone pretending to like everyone. I'm getting older, too; on the road to cynicism it's natural to be picky with people. Of course it has its downside... still, being a demigod is way more fun.

Oh my. Paradigm shifts? Phonepal-next-door? Road to cynicism? I really need to eat lunch.
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 11:47 |  

0 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)