19 August 2008

Things we don't need: Talky jeepney sandwiches

I've been commuting for over a decade now and I can almost say I had experienced all there is to be gotten from riding public utility vehicles. Experienced, not necessarily accepted.

I understand that as high-thinking and ridiculously emotional creatures most of us can not ever resist the urge to bug an ear. There is the constant need to speak and the must to ensure that what we say fall on an ear whether it's functioning or not... We are so compelled by this annoyingly fascinating characteristic that oftentimes it's a speak-or-die situation. But now I ask you:

Why perform sandwich conversations in PUJs?

You know, talk to your mate inside a moving jeepney which is absolutely normal and okay—only it's also too annoying for that total stranger sitting between the two of you.

I would have lavished in the experienced had it been Josh Hartnett to my right side and George Clooney to my left, exchanging views on what's comfy wear for them when sleeping at night, or maybe even shoe sizes. But if it's two beyond-desperate housewives yapping about their daughters' menstrual cycles or dog fleas, then for goodness sake, people, spare me from that sandwich.
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 21:11 |  
in: ,

0 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)