20 May 2007

Get me an emotional retirement plan

I watched and laughed at The Devil Wears Prada this afternoon. I was hoping to get inspired to jumpstart an article for the magazine, but nay, I was instead saddened.

Between the chuckles and Meryl Streep's lines, I realized that I am still somewhat bound by the fear of becoming a cold practitioner who has no friends ot hang out with on a free weekend. I have religiously done everything I know to prevent such tragedy from happening, but each day I only feel it coming closer and closer. I'm worried.

I'm worried that time will come when I won't "have a choice" but to say yes to work and no to a free movie. Worried that one day I'd be putting a name of a bank as my "In case of emergency" person on some survey about healthy lifestyles. Afraid that I'd be succesful, but only in terms of touring the world with my work team and not in bazaar-hopping with my long-lost friends. I really don't want those to happen. Not even if you take me out to dinner and a movie with Johnny Depp or have Angelina Jolie call me to explain her and Brad Pitts' adopta-thon.

I need an emotional retirement plan.
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 23:05 |  
in:

0 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)