07 June 2008

How NOT to end your workweek

It's been about 20 hours and I still reek with embarrassment.

---

Officemate 1: Have you seen the layout? The copy needs checking.

MVP: No. But it's 5PM. Weren't you supposed to submit to the Creatives four hours ago?

Officemate 1: There are two versions. I'm goin' for a smoke.

Officemate 2: Hey could you help me with this letter to my client ? I want it to sound super smart.

MVP: Where's the template we did last week? (to Officemate 3) Could you throw me that phone directory? ... Thanks.

Officemate 2: Oh this letter is a special one. I want that dimwit to be wowed by my writing skills...

MVP (on the phone): Yes--Public Relations, please. (to Officemate 2) Two minutes.

Officemate 4: Here you go--and I'm sorry.

MVP: What? How can you decline my budget request--I filed this ages ago! FUCK! (to Officemate 2) ONE MINUTE!

Officemate 4: Admin says it's too big for an average project. And the president just left...

MVP: FUCK! I need this on Wednesday! FUCK! (To phone) Yeah, hi, Paolo is it? So is she there yet?

Yummy voice: I'm sorry, but she hasn't returned yet from the meeting. I'm the only one here in our department right now. Would you like to leave another message?

MVP (in a half-trance): Huh? Oh, okay, uh, can I just send the signed proposal letter then? Our office closes in half-an-hour. If would just give me the FUCKS number...

Yummy voice: I'm sorry--wha--

MVP: FAX number--I need the FAX number. Where I can send... the, ahem, letter.

---

Grace under pressure. Never an easy thing to keep. Especially with a rejected budget proposal.
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 11:43 |  
in:

0 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)