06 March 2008

Keeping Friends

Last night, a Friend told me in the vernacular: "I believe you because you don't lie." Tears wanted roll down my rough cheeks, but instead I just thanked him: After all, he is prettier than William Hung. More than that, it came to me that even though there are only a few of them left, I still have some to call Friends.

Today is my annual Friends Day. Which means I get to bash all of them even more and nastier. And they get to reciprocate. And I will let them handful enjoy the moment by not retaliating. I'm the sweetest piece of ass and we all love each other.

Want to join the celebration? Review your Christmas greet- and gift lists, your birthday calendars and vacation trip schedules. DON'T add anything. Instead, skip family members. Skip officemates who you've just met these past two years. Skip exes. If you can, skip neighbors especially who love fruitcakes. Then those left are most probably your Friends. Don't kid yourself by thinking those 76 names you got drunk with just twice--on different occasions, of course--are included. But if they are, then good for you. I know it's tedious, but I think these over-rating days it's useful to say Friends than friends because it separates the real from the reel.

Anywoo, now, put those mobile phones to good use and send them a "Hi, Name!". If you have extra time, a What's up? ('Sup?, Zup? or whazzever). If you have extra extra time, put those Friendster, Multiply, YM, IM and what-have-you accounts to better use and send them Hellos. Personal messages only--those you wrote yourself. Make chika. Avoid "forward" messages as they will ruin the sentiment.

If they hit you back, then fantastic! If not, then it's okay. Surely you made them feel special, and there's a good chance you made them smile. It's also a form of thanks and it's enough. It's only up to you if you'll want to rehash those lists in the next 72 hours. Snarl! Ha-ha!

Value your Friends, peeps. They're the hardest to come by.

---

And now a song by Dan Seals, which I hope you'd sing to your Friends, not out of romance, lust, dumb colegiala-ness, financial crises or all of those, but simply because You. Mean. It.

One Friend

I always thought you were the best
I guess I always will.
I always felt that we were blessed,
And I feel that way, still.
Sometimes we took the hard road,
But we always saw it through.
If I had only one friend left,
I'd want it to be you.
Sometimes the world was on our side;
Sometimes it wasn't fair.
Sometimes it gave a helping hand;
Sometimes we didn't care.
'Cause when we were together,
It made the dream come true.
If I had only one friend left,
I'd want it to be you.
Someone who understands me,
And knows me inside out.
And helps keep me together,
And believes without a doubt,
That I could move a mountain:
Someone to tell it to.
If I had only one friend left,
I'd want it to be you.
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 11:29 |  
in:

5 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)