28 March 2008

Tickles

Oh yeah: Last weekend I did Part 1 of my annual room cleaning--Parts 2 and 3 come later in the year--and no it wasn't some figurative self-cleansing of sins in lieu of "Easter". I pay taxes and inhale second-hand smoke for that. My bedroom-cum-wilderness was just too messy even dust found it disgusting. And 7th Heaven was driving me nuts.

I even half expected to find relics of a dodo somewhere behind the TV stand. But, more entertainingly, I found two ticklers I used in college sleeping in a drawer I hadn't opened in four years. Make that discover, as I thought I'd stashed all schooling artifacts in my treasure cabinet long before I received my first official payslip.

I flipped and sneered and laughed. It's rather too soon, but I felt like I was thrown back to an ancient age. One thing you can be sure of: all people who use ticklers have flip sides. Flip-per, even. I always carried with me a tickler as a student, helping me keep track of life's chaos on one hand and keeping me breathing in dead-boring moments on the other. Leafing through those two even after just a few years was like reviewing a past life you both want to publish and burn to oblivion. Either way it's fun reminiscing. That's the best thing about annual cleaning--it's full of dirty surprises.

---

"I can't understand any more. Let's get a perm. Mich is wet."
Either this was in Philosophy 201 or I was already late for my monthly salon appointment.
Mich is a Friend who loves mosh pits, skinny men and Tagalog poetry.

We were gonna do a skit-type presentation. Other than being high I can't think of any other reason why "Daphnelito" would be a lady. Or why I just didn't say "babymaker"
instead of "pagawaan ng bata". Times we can be so... blunt.

"One espresso, please! Put pepper on it."
Okay you think of ways to endure Statistics.

I'd translate but it'll take the fun out.
Just a tip, then: To stay awake in your last evening class,
make fun of your equally bored classmates.

See? You need not be holy and human at the same time. But darn, I AM barbaric...

and apparently, laughably confident.

Getting people's credentials for an opening speech wasn't really fun for me.
Although I do appreciate other people's achievements, and when I do I can also get inspired...

and germ a lot of ideas. These, I think, were probably theses titles I wanted to pursue.
Thought of them while wasting time in a Sunday "class" specializing in boots, rifles and tanning.
Well I had to make do with the immediate inspiration!
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 16:02 |  
in: ,

0 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)