11 March 2008

Save the slogan

It’s been a week and I have yet to succeed in helping an officemate with her dilemma: a slogan. She asked for help to write some sort of a guiding principle which our finance manager asked her to create after the manager had been asked by the prexy to do it. In the third world, it’s all hand-me-downs even with tasks. The sad thing is, despite my officemates’ much appreciated faith in my “creativity”, I cannot produce a single decent line. The slogan should point the need a.k.a. importance of cost-cutting via cutting back on electricity and other consumption. So far these adaptations are all I got:

Thrifty is the best policy.

Save energy, save lies (and promises of pay hike).

To be thrifty is human, to hike wages divine.

Thriftiness is next to salary increase. Ness.

To save or not to pay hike—but that is the question.

Kung ako sa’yo, magtitipid ako
. (If I were you, I’d save up.)

A (telephone) bill is mightier than the (pay)slip.

Money talks. We’re done talking.

Love is blind. Stop loving expenses.

Bills speak louder than adjustments.

History repeats itself. Spending on the VP’s gas shouldn’t.

Wage hike is stranger than the management.

Cut expenses now. Save and ye shall find… a thank you note from sir. And maybe a lash curler.

The best things in life are free. Our utilities suck.

Waste not, but still want not.

All good things come to an end. You’re too good in spending.

All spend and no save makes Jack an asshole. Are you Jack?

If you can’t beat budgets, slit your throat.

What doesn’t kill you makes you lucky. Overspending is a whole other thing.

Beggars can’t be choosers. Use candle light for your desk.

---

Now before I and my officemate get axed, you got real suggestions?
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 17:01 |  
in: ,

0 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)