20 March 2008

Locked Out: Wiss-wiss

It's official: I can talk to cats. Sort of.

I was sighing there on the polka-dot chair, when this grey cat with black stripes and yellowish eyes came from the shadows a.k.a. the garage that was unlit-because-I-couldn't-get-inside-to-turn-the-freaking-lights-on-dammit. She stopped and we looked eye to eye. I knew this cat. She was the great grandchild of that stray cat who adopted herself to our house 20 years ago, along with the other village stray cats. Someone had to break the comic silence.

Wiss-wiss, I said. No, wait, 'twas more like just /w/ and /s/, no i sound.

"Wss-wsss."

She blinked. I was caught unaware. Normally cats would just stare at me no matter what movement or sound I make or how fresh or old the bread or leftover is I throw at them. But this time she blinked, and if I'm not mistaken she bowed a bit, like a Hippogriff smelling Harry Potter's shoes. Then the cat walked closer! I was about to go wiss again but she suddenly turned a bit and began sniffing--or licking?--the plant's leaves. Major whoa. Now I know what "Wss-wsss" means. "Go smell the flowers."

I took a walk later that night and came across a dog. Dumbo be me, I said, "Wss-wsss." He growled. I called a passing tricycle.
QWERTY-ed by Paoper at 16:18 |  
in:

1 said something:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)